Monday, August 22, 2016

Dear non kindergarten parents.....

yes, is that you? Yes, it's me, checking on my child wondering if she is ok.  Today is my kids first day of Kindergarten.  I mean, she went to pre-k, but see, I worked at the school so I was a few hundred yards away.  This year is just different.  We just moved here, and we know only 1 family for hundreds of miles, and after that city, its thousands of miles.  We cannot just jump in the car and go see grandmas and grandpas, cousins, friends.  We would have to drive 24+ hours.  She is my little girl, so excuse me while I am worried that she is having a good day.  I hope she makes friends and I hope she doesn't have to eat lunch alone.  I hope she finds friends to play with on the play ground instead of sit on a bench and look around at all the other kids who know each other.  Also, we don't live a few miles from the school.  I am a whole 30 miles away, one way.  She got on the bus at 6:05 this morning.  She has never rode a bus before.  She is new at that too.  Besides that, her little brother I pacing around waiting to go get sissy!  He cried, and he cried hard this morning because he misses his best friend!  She is our whole world!
I know how I feel when I go somewhere that isn't familiar with me.  I am shy, I am nervous, and I am scared I won't fit in or make friends.  We have moved 18 times in 7 years.  So why you say, at least my daughter is young and can make friends easily, it is still VERY hard to fit in and VERY hard to make friends while your missing everything you once knew.  Its very hard, because its hard to leave your comfort zone, your inside jokes, your friends, your places you frequent, your memories, and knowing that not one single NEW person you meet will ever know what your life was like. 
We are So excited for the new school year, and to make friends, and to see her laugh and get that gorgeous excited sparkle in her eye.  Please teach your kids to be kind.  Please teach your kids to help one another.  Please practice safety this year.  I wish you all a good school year with lots of learning, growing and exciting times!  May this school year be the best yet and that every child can learn something they will keep with them the rest of their lives! 
On the bright side, I cried my eyes out, but the house is so peaceful today.  I haven't had to break up any fights, and the house is staying kind of put together! ha ha
-The worried parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment