Friday, August 5, 2016
Screw you self doubt!
But for real, can we talk about this. Being a girl in this day and age is such a sucky, yet amazing thing ever. I cannot speak for all of you, but I can speak for myself, right? My whole life, whenever I have stepped out of my comfort zone, I have made the best memories and have grown tremendously.
I was in-between groups of friends and randomly decided to go to a long ago friends wedding reception. I met up with some old friends who randomly invited me on a trip. Out of comfort zone #1-I agreed to go and I went! I met my VERY best friends on this trip, who still keep my grounded and laughing every single day. They have been my rock and helped me get my life on the right track.
Through them, I met Jase, and well, lets just say, I would not be where I am today without him. I have moved all over the country, met countless AMAZING people, and grew up so much. Let alone I have my family with me and our life is one crazy adventure.
Here is the thing, I NEVER thought I would be where I am today. I never thought I'd get married, let alone have kids. I never thought I would move out of Utah, and here I am, KILLING it. I never thought I'd have a real true life best friend, and I have several!
So why all this self doubt? Where did it come from? COMPARING MYSELF TO OTHERS! There it is, I said it. I am THEE worst at comparing myself to others! I'm never skinny enough, funny enough, pretty enough. I suck at running, doing my hair/makeup, decorating, putting together outfits, you name it, I suck!
Let me just tell you this story, k? Recently I took up photography. I did a photoshoot and my client "loved" it, or so she says. I loved the results, so I am assuming she was telling the truth. Rumors got around that her sister in law HATED the photos. She hated my lighting and style. I wanted to crawl into a hole and cry and give up. I knew I wasn't the best. I knew this was probably my 5th photoshoot ever, but her words were eating me alive! Conclusion, I haven't given up, and I've don't many photoshoot that have been featured in weddings, announcements, hung on walls for years to come, I've been featured on huge websites and have total strangers trying to book me. Am I the best, no, but I'm trying my hardest to become the best that I can be.
Here is the conclusion of my rant here... Ladies, guys, kids, adults, whoever you are, PLEASE can we try to lift each other up instead of put them down? Please can we work together for happiness. Lets compliment one another instead of judging each other. Please. We have enough to deal with inside our own world of self doubt. Let's uplift each other. Let us help each other to step out of their comfort zone and make amazing memories that last a lifetime and have an impact on each other!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Made me cry. I heart you and all your talent!
ReplyDeleteYour work hangs in my walls 💕
ReplyDelete