Thursday, January 19, 2017

No more F word

See this girl, she is seriously like theeeee most precious thing.  She is delicate like a flower and can burst into tears and have her heart broken in an instant.  But like that delicate flower, she brings so much happiness and joy to so many people, every single day. 
It breaks my heart how bullying is already happening TODAY for her.  Some days she would come home in tears because the girls wouldn't let her play because she wasn't wearing a dress that day.  That crushed my heart. 
Now, she has lost a few teeth and it is no secret she will need an orthodontist in the future. She is already getting made fun of for her "weird" teeth. 
I wish I could wrap her up in bubble wrap and keep her from the cruel kids/people in the world. BUT, I have been trying to teach her that EVERYBODY is different, and its a WONDERFUL thing.
After she was born I was (insert F word) F-AT. I worked really hard and got back in shape again.  I had her brother, and I am fat again. I mean really, am I fat, no, but if I compare myself to others, I am, sometimes.  Why can't I take my own advice of everybody is different and it is wonderful.
I found myself weighing literally daily, sometimes twice a day. I work my HINEY off doing different workouts.  I have been angry at my husband for offering an ice cream night after trying on several different jeans that used to fit.
Then I heard it, straight from her mouth.....FAT.
Ugh. no no no no, Bug, please don't ever ever repeat that word.  Please don't get caught up in this whirlwind that has consumed MY life since I was 10. no no no, JUST NO.
By no means am I saying she has body image issues.  She is a string bean and is pretty dang active herself.
Anyway, it hit me, she has been watching me since she was born trying to not be "fat." 
So I stopped that very second.  We no longer use the word fat in this house. like EVER. like ever ever. Never.
I will not let her start seeing people by their appearance.  I will not let her see me with body image issues.  I will not let her get caught up in this crushing lifestyle!
For now on I make sure I use words like I want to be Healthy.  I want to be Strong.  I want my heart to last a long time.  I want to be able to keep up with you kiddos.  I want to teach her that being active and healthy is the best lifestyle.  I want to teach her that fruits are pretty dang good.  I want to teach her that it is ok to indulge on ice cream nights, but we don't need an ice cream night every night.
I want her to spread kindness.  I want her to uplift other girls.  I will not allow bullying in any shape or form.  That include bullying ourselves.
So from now on, The F (fat) word is not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment