Tuesday, January 10, 2017

update on macros 30 ish days in


top picture was taken 1/3/2017
bottom picture 1/10/17
I am at my lowest weight since my grandma died in 2014.  That week I was so sad and sick to my stomach that I couldn't eat. Since then I have busted my hiney "eating healthy" and literally working out so dang hard.  I would lose a pound, gain 3 back, lose 2 gain 4 back until my weight crept up to 10 more pounds. Then I lost some then I went on vacation, moved to Texas, went on vacation again, and the cycle continued.
When I say I ate healthy, I really honestly thought I did.  I ate a little bit more chicken, ate way more veggies, but I snacked, and snacked and snacked.  Then in reward for doing good all week I would go to dinner and that cheat meal turned into a cheat weekend and the cycle continued.  Let me just add, I know some girls that can cook, and I know some hole in the wall restaurants that are to die for! See where my cycle is going.  I always thought I was ok because I was working out like crazy, and burning off all the bad stuff. Then I still didn't like my results so I started eating like 800-1200 calories a day.  I would hardly drink water because I had a job that asking to go to the bathroom was like cutting off 10 fingers for everybody else. 
Fast forward to today.  I have technically been tracking my macros for about 30 days.  Then I sprained my ankle and gained weight fast again right after Christmas.  Technically a lot was fluid retention, I still gained and was still discouraged.
I then found a Macro coach, because honestly, I didn't quite understand everything yet and didn't know if I even had the right numbers. Guy, find a coach!!! it is worth it!
Anyway, she gave me numbers, then had me change some things and I am finally dropping weight. Finally, after 3 + years of trying everything!
So my message today is, keep trying.  Don't give up!  Track what you eat.  Every single cracker, every single chip, every single cookie dough bite.  weigh it, record it and use that knowledge to your advantage.  No food is off limits, just be smart and have smaller portions!

No comments:

Post a Comment