Saturday, November 12, 2016

I guess secrets do kill you

I don't know exactly where I left off in my story.  I don't like to visit that chapter of my life often.  I do know that writing is healing.  I think I am pretty much healed, but every once in a while, something knocks me down and I am overcome with a wave of emotion.  I think Birthdays and Holidays are the hardest.  Not for me, I mean yes for me, but in a different way. 
My mom and dad have to spend Holidays alone.  My moms family has completely abandoned us.  My mom and dad stood by our side through it ALL.  She lost her sisters, her dad, her mom.  She lost some extended family members.  She lost friends who were like family.  ALL BECAUSE OF THIS MONSTER. 
I remember when the man got arrested and it all became real for my aunt.  Not once did she say oh my gosh I am so sorry.  Not once did she ask if we were ok.  The words that came out of her mouth were "Who is going to pay my house payment."
I get financial status is a thing.  It keeps people in terrible relationships.  It brings out gold diggers.  It really is the thing if you make or break it in life.  I get why she said it.....but not one single concern about me or my sister?  Not one?  Not a phone call. Nothing. All we got was, Don't ever speak to me or my family again.
My mom was right.  If her sister found out what her husband had done, her sister would hate her. Not once did she look and say, wow, they held this back to protect me for an entire year.  They thought of our kids, me, my financial situation. Not once. 
It was probably immediately, maybe a couple hours that my grandpa turned on us too.  Then slowly my other aunt, who  had all that cousins our age who were our best friends.  She wasn't downright not talking to us, but she said some VERY hurtful things that I will NEVER forget. She blamed it on "Well if those girls didn't wear bikinis at the cabin" (the cabin was at a beautiful lake that everyone boated, swam, etc.)   WHHHHAAAAATTTTTT?????  I'm still waiting for that apology..
Anyways, with the holidays coming up, my anxiety is getting higher, and I know my moms is too.  I appreciate her so much and the sacrifices she has been through to protect us.  She lost her entire family, and we still tried to protect this man through court dates.....

No comments:

Post a Comment