I don't care if you take this quote in light of Black Lives Matter. Or with Same Sex Marriage. Or to Bullying. Or to the Trump protestors. Or whatever you want to apply this to, do it. Its so true, Love Always Wins.
I briefly read a story that happened here in Waco, Texas at Baylor University. I honestly didn't read the whole thing, I just skimmed it and assume I have the story. A young black student was walking to class when someone shoved her off the sidewalk and called her the Nasty N word. In support, 300, THREE HUNDRED, students showed up and walked her to class. I cried for 2 reasons through this story. 1, how cruel and dark and terrible people behave. And 2, how people stepped up and showed this person it is NOT ok, and showed this young girl that people have her back. I am so proud of each one of those 300 people. I so wish I knew about it so I could go walk her to class as well. TO be there, to be the light.
I am so saddened that my children have to grow up in a world with so much hate and disgust. When and why did it change from when I was little.
I grew up in Layton, Utah, and to be honest, the black population was very very slim to none. Never once did I ever even think to treat one of them differently. Not once did I deny a friendship. Not once did their skin color change anything about the way I saw them vs a white person.
I want my kids to grow up and KNOW that Love is the answer. I will not stand for bullying. I will not stand for anything but respect and love for other people and animals. I want them to know that I want them to be kind. I want them to never judge. I want them to stand up for others. I want them to be role models. I don't care what Religion, Ethnicity, gay or straight, car choice, sport choice, anything, everybody deserves the right to be respected and loved. I will try every dang day to be an example to them and SHOW them that these rules stand. I may be terrified of what will happen at school, the playground and out in public, but I want to know my kids are making the world a better place by spreading LOVE, Kindness, Manners and Gratitude.
I challenge the same for each of you.
Also, ANY love always wins shirts in my shop will get 30% off for LIFE. Just mention you read this when you order! ♥♥

No comments:
Post a Comment