I am really really confused with things easily. I have been reading about Macros for literally 3 months and didn't do it because something just didn't make sense. It seemed really hard and something I didn't want to mess with. I am going to explain this at a "dumbed down" level, because that is really what I needed.
First off you need to calculate how many Macros you need in a day. You can go to trainers, etc, but I found an online calculator HERE. I knew I needed about .8 grams of protein per pound that I weigh. Don't worry, this calculator does the math for you. It will also tell you the carbs and fat you need as well.
So this diet is pretty much counting calories, BUT, it is counting where the calories come from. I guess this sentence is what made it click for me. So for me, on my workout days, I am reaching for 1505 Calories. Broken down, I need 162 G Carbs, 120 G Protein and 42 G fat.
I then downloaded myfitness pal. I decided to buy the advanced version so it would literally have a graph for me of where I am at throughout the day as I enter my food. You can go in and manually set your macros goals.
What I love about MyFitnessPal app is that the database of food is crazy big. Going to Chick fil A, on the app. Going to pretty much any restaurant is on the app. And, for the food I have in my home, it has a scanner so I just scan, set how much I eat and move on. You can also enter recipes where it will break it down for you per serving as well.
I am only on day 3 of this. I am still learning and I will share ALL the helpful tips and hints as I learn them. I also suggest following Macro counters on Instagram, and get on pinterest and start pinning.
One other thing that scared me was usually people counting macros are eating some weird stuff that I know my family will not touch. This isn't the case with everyone. Usually at dinner time I see how much of each catergory I have left. The other night I had barely any carbs at all left. We were having tacos. I obviously could not have a tortilla, so I opted to put my 2 oz of taco hamburger on about 2 cups of lettuce. I opted for no cheese but could have about 3/4 cup of salsa. (guys, I seriously love salsa).
I also use a protein shake from IdealFit HERE as well as a pre workout drink and BCAAS. Their protein is SO dang good. The only flavor I haven't loved is the strawberry, but once I mixed with Almond milk and some frozen fruit, it was so much better. It is not at all chalky and fills me up for quite a while.
I will continue to update this journey as I keep going!!

No comments:
Post a Comment