Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Goodbye 2016!


I have heard from so many people that they are ready to see 2016 go.  Although it wasn't the most magical year, I still loved it.  Although there were trials and heartaches and disappointments, there were also a lot of highs and memories. 
We started the year off with Jase starting, doing and completing his thesis for his Masters.  We had some good weather down in South Texas and only had a few VERY cold days.  Kendyl changed schools and went to such an amazing classroom that started her learning career in a good way and jumpstarted her success.  I finished work at the center, and magically stopped getting so sick every 2 weeks.  My best friends had babies, got married, and bought houses.  I ran races, made more friends, made memories and said goodbye to some of the best girls ive ever known.  We accepted a job STILL in Texas and made the big move.  We went on a vacation for a month in Utah.  We partied, swam, laughed, danced, and had the time of our lives there. We sure love and appreciate our Utah summers. 
K bug lost more teeth and started Kindergarten here in our new town.  E-bow has enjoyed having mom to himself and playing all day long. Jase got bucked off his horse and found himself in the ER, then back to Utah for surgery.  I'm sure he is happy to see this year go. We made a few new friends and have been enjoying the smiles on our faces again.  Although I am not surrounded by a ton of people, I am learning to work on my self worth and image.
We had a wonderful Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Jases sweet Aunt Tammy passed away after a valiant fight of cancer.  We took on 26 chickens, 5 bottle calves and basically 2 cats.  We are now down to 15 chickens, 3 bottle calves and 1 cat.
We have big plans for 2017, although they are more mine than anything.  We want to be more adventurous, more brave, and more giving.  We want to work on our parenting.  We want our kids to take risks and become more grateful.  We are sad and happy to see 2016 go, but we are ready for 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment